How to Compare Auto Insurance Quotes
Auto insurance is essential to take care of your bills when something bad happens to you or your car. You need to make sure the company that you choose will be there for you financially when you need them the most. HTK Insurance realizes that choosing which auto insurance company is right for you can be a daunting task, and where are here to help!
Auto insurance rates can vary by hundreds of dollars or more from company to company. While price is important, choosing a plan that is based on price can cost you in features and customer service. It pays to shop around to see what different companies have to offer. After shopping around, if you need assistance in learning how to compare auto insurance quotes, you have come to the right place!
Get an Accurate Quote
In order to compare auto insurance quotes, you need to make sure it is accurate. Before you start, make sure you have the following information on hand when shopping:
- Vehicle information including the year, make model and VIN.
- Annual miles and distance to work.
- Value of any custom equipment.
- Any type of alarm devices installed in your car.
- Driver name, occupation, gender, number or years licensed and driver’s license number
- Any accidents or violations in the past three years, with dates, who was at fault, if someone was injured and the claim number.
- Your current insurance declarations page to assure you are getting the same protection
Get More Than One Quote
There is a wide world of insurance companies out there, and they each have their own way of coming up with rates. If you only get one quote, chances are you are going to end up spending more than you would like to. Multiple quotes will allow you to make the right choice on your own terms.
The best way to understand the features and service a company has to offer is by contacting them directly. The customer service you get when shopping around is a good indicator of what to expect if you purchase their policy.
Read the Fine Print
Price is important, but there is more to consider than just the price of your auto insurance. Here are some other tips:
- Get your quote in writing and confirm the accuracy of each vehicle and driver you are insuring.
- Make sure your deductibles and coverage limits match your current policy.
- Be sure to ask about special features, such as emergency roadside assistance.
- Find out if there are additional membership fees.
- Ask if repairs are guaranteed for as long as you own your car.
- Check what type of payment options they have available.
Now that you are ready to go shopping, come visit us in Tinton Falls! HTK Insurance is happy to answer all of your insurance questions and needs. “Like” us on Facebook for more information on all of your insurance needs and our current deals!